- Instructions (During Camp)
- Put the contents of the dry brownie mix into the ziplock bag.
- Put the contents of the Can of Dr. Pepper into the bag. Pour slowly, and carefully. The soda will foam up. You actually want the soda to be a little flat.
- Remove as much air from the bag as possible and seal it.
- Gently, squeeze and move the contents around in the bag until there is no longer and dry mix left in the bag. If the bag starts to fill with air. carefully open it and let out some of the trapped air.
- After mixed, hold the bag upside down, and cut one of the corners, 1/2 inch. Be careful to throw out that little piece of plastic.
- Divide the contents of the bag into the eight jars, then close and seal he jars finger tight.
- Place the jars into the pot on the stove (not turned on).
- Fill the pot with water until the jars are covered half way up the side of the jar.
- Put the lid on the pot, and get the water to a boil. Boil for 40 minutes.
- Let the jars sit in the hot water for another 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully remove to a heat resistant surface. The jars and lids will be hot!
Type of Dish:
Number of Servings:
- 1 18-20 oz Box Brownie Mix
- 1 can Dr. Pepper
- 1 quart Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Required Equipment
- 8 8 oz jars with lids and rings
- 1 gallon ziplock bag