This campfire classic can easily go from cliché to gourmet. The great thing about hobo meals is that anything goes! Mix and match your own meats, veggies, and spices to customize your own meal.
Instructions (Before Camp)
- Chop vegetables and potato and store in bag or container.
- If you're using meat or a veggie patty that's not dehydrated, freeze it and make this meal your first night.
Instructions (During Camp)
- Place vegetables and meat or TVP in tin foil and season to taste.
- Add about a teaspoon of water and then wrap tin foil around the food.
- Carefully place your dinner on hot campfire coals and allow to cook for 20-30 minutes, rotating as needed.
- Unwrap, add any condiments (ketchup, cheese, hot sauce), and enjoy!
Type of Dish:
Number of Servings:
Before Camp Preparation Time:
During Camp Preparation Time:
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 1 burger crumbled, or use dehydrated meat, TVP or veggie patty
- camp fire
- aluminum foil
- plastic bag