Mix up this campfire comfort food in just a few minutes.
Instructions (Before Camp)
- Combine rice, soup mix and cheese in 1-quart freezer bag.
- If substituting veggies or TVP for tuna, add these to the bag as well.
Instructions (During Camp)
- Combine dry ingredients with water in pot and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cover pot, remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
Type of Dish:
Number of Servings:
Before Camp Preparation Time:
During Camp Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup minute rice
- 1/4 cup cheddar broccoli soup mix
- 1 packet dehydrated cheese mix (such as from a macaroni and c
- 1 7-ounce pouch tuna in water (or substitute dehydrated veggie
- 2 cup water
- backpacking stove
- 1-quart freezer bag
- fuel for backpacking stove