This campsite version of a dinner favorite will refuel you after a long day on the trail.
Instructions (Before Camp)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a 1-quart freezer bag.
Instructions (During Camp)
- Boil 2 cups of water and then pour into bag until all ingredients are covered.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes and then stir in cream cheese.
- Close the bag and let sit for another 5 minutes.
Type of Dish:
Number of Servings:
Before Camp Preparation Time:
During Camp Preparation Time:
- 1 package beef-flavored Ramen (including seasoning)
- 1/4 cup dehydrated ground beef
- 1/4 cup dehydrated vegetables
- 1/2 tsp salt tuna in water (or substitute dehydrated veggies or TVP)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 individual packet (about a tablespoon)cream cheese
- 1-2 packets soy sauce
- backpacking stove
- 1-quart freezer bag
- fuel for backpacking stove